This guide will teach you how to properly configure TimeForge to integrate with Dinerware POS if you encounter problems. It assumes you've already performed the steps in our installation guide.
Configure the TimeForge Dinerware Bridge
If the TimeForge Dinerware Bridge was not properly configured to use a Web Services account, you will first need to configure the Web Services. Follow the options given on screen (shown here, below).
See our instructions on how to set up the Web Services Username and Password.
These values can be configured on the TimeForge web site and will allow the software to communicate with TimeForge securely.
Configure the Dinerware POS Integration
Next, configure the Dinerware POS side of the TimeForge Dinerware Bridge.
Some of the important values on this screen include:
- Dinerware Server settings, including the Server Name, Database Name, Username and Password. In most cases, the defaults will work for your Dinerware installation.
- Choose how often the software should poll or synchronize with the Dinerware POS system.
- If you would like to override the TimeForge settings for early clock-in's and late clock-out's, or to enable staff members who are not scheduled to clock in (without manager approval), please check this box.
- By default, TimeForge uses the time punch values from Dinerware. However, if you would like to circumvent the Dinerware time punches, and would prefer to use the TimeForge Attendance system and biometrics, then please un-check this option.
Set Up the Translator
Review the TimeForge Dinerware Bridge dashboard.
- The Last Successful Sync Date shows the last date and time that the software was able to read from your Dinerware database.
- The Last Synchronization shows the last date and time that a synchronization was attempted.
- The Status shows the status of the last synchronization (it will either be SUCCESSFUL or FAILED).
- The Next Synchronization shows the date and time of the next scheduled synchronization.
You are all done! TimeForge will synchronize your data based on the needs of your restaurant and will keep the data in TimeForge and in Dinerware POS communicating properly.