TimeForge is able to integrate with many different software systems, including accounting and payroll programs such as QuickBooks. QuickBooks is the most popular accounting system for small businesses in the world, and is used by small, medium, and large businesses around the globe.
The TimeForge QuickBooks integration involves installing the TimeForge Accounting Bridge software on one of the computers running QuickBooks. If you are using QuickBooks Enterprise, you can install the software on the QuickBooks Enterprise server.
The TimeForge Accounting software will read approved time sheets from TimeForge, and then import time cards and weekly time sheets into QuickBooks. With the time sheets inside of QuickBooks, you can pay your employees using QuickBooks Payroll - either by cutting your staff a check, or using Intuit Online Payroll.
Open Your QuickBooks Company File
After you open your QuickBooks company file, you will receive a prompt similar to the above image.
1. Make sure to choose the "Yes, whenever the QuickBooks company file is open." option.
2. Continue ...
Please note: You may receive an additional prompt to ensure that you want to allow TimeForge access to your company file.
View the QuickBooks Translator Dashboard
The TimeForge Accounting Translator will tell you about the status of the TimeForge synchronization.
1. After permission has been granted to access your QuickBooks company file, you still need to set up the payroll type to import (which is the next step). Click on the link to set up the payroll item type.
Choose the Payroll Item Type
A payroll item in QuickBooks is a way to do payroll calculations and reporting. Every item on a paycheck is tracked with a payroll item, thus the name payroll item.
Some items you could track using QuickBooks payroll items include:
- Hourly wages
- Overtime wages
- Sick time
- Vacation time
- Federal, state, and local taxes
- Employee and company 401(k) contributions
- Garnishments such as child support
- Benefits such as health insurance, health club dues
Payroll items are also required to track non-taxable items such as:
- Mileage reimbursements
- Employee loans
TimeForge allows you to choose a payroll item for importing time sheets. Currently, TimeForge only allows one payroll item to be chosen for all imported time sheets. In the future, TimeForge will allow separate payroll items for hourly, salaried, sick, vacation, and overtime.
Choose an appropriate payroll item to import the time sheets.
Review the Employee List
Compare the TimeForge and QuickBooks Employee Lists
Because TimeForge imports employees into QuickBooks based on their Full Name (the combination of their first name, middle name, and last name), you will want to make sure that these lists of staff members are both correct.
1. This is a list of employees who are present in TimeForge (and may have time sheets), but are not in QuickBooks. The time sheets for these employees will not be imported into QuickBooks. To import the time sheets for these staff members, please add the employees into QuickBooks.
2. This is a list of employees who are present in QuickBooks, but are not in TimeForge. These employees do not have TimeForge accounts, nor do they have time sheets. If you would like to collect time cards for these staff members, please add the employees to TimeForge.