Keeping track of daily store logs, task lists, to-do items, and sticky notes can be tedious even for a small business. Add to that juggling maintenance visits, training events, human resource tasks, staff meetings, and other necessary items across multiple shifts (where the manager that scheduled the event may not be the manager responsible for the event) and you can quickly have what feels like a second full-time job.
Clear, organized communication among the management team and the rest of the staff is a requirement for every business, in any industry. As your business grows, keeping up with the pile of paperwork will not only become more difficult but also more critical for continued success. Fortunately, the TimeForge Daily Log is here to help you keep your business organized! This article will tell you how.
Navigate to your store's Daily Log
- If your company has more than one location in TimeForge, first make sure you're at the Location level.
- Click the Daily Log tab to expand the menu.
- Select Daily Log from the list.
If you're the account owner and you haven't set up at least one Daily Log category yet, your logbook will be blank. Simply add your first category to get started (follow these instructions if you need help), then navigate back to the Daily Log at the Location level to continue following this guide.
Get to know the Daily Log interface
The Daily Log is a powerful yet easy-to-use tool to help keep your business organized. The chart and instructions below will help you get started.
- Search the Daily Log by keyword, category, the manager who created the log entry, employee, or date range.
- Logs for the day are displayed in an easy to read format, along with information about the number of hours scheduled for that day, attendance, sales, volume, and whether or not the day is a holiday.
- Add a new Daily Log entry with a single click! You can add log entries for the current day (always listed at the top) or previous days, as shown here.
- The date picker allows you to jump to a specific day.
- Switch between the three components of the Daily Log: the Manager Log (viewable only by management staff), the Staff Log (viewable by all employees), and the Audit Log (contains audit information about changes made within TimeForge).
Need more convincing?
Check out our full list of reasons to use the TimeForge Daily Log. We've laid out all the advantages for you.